M1U1Grammar and usage
发布人: 来源: 发布日期:2015-11-2 20:59:51 点击量:
Unit 1 Grammar and usage 教案
Step 1. Revision and lead-in
1. Review the adjective, phrases or clauses used to modify the nouns.
1) Mary is a 21-year-old student.
Mary is a nice girl.
2) Mary is a student in her twenties.
3) Mary is a student who is 21 years old.
Step 2. Introduction to attributive clauses
1. Introduce main clause and the attributive clause.
Mary is a student who is 21 years old.
( 句部分) ( 句部分)
He who laughs last laughs best.
2. Introduce the terms of ‘attributive clause’ and ‘antecedent’.
Mary is a student who is 21 years old.
The school where he studied is in Shenzhen.
3. Introduce the components of attributive clause.
Attributive clause(定语从句) is made up of and .
4. Introduce relative pronouns and relative adverbs:
5.Introduce the functions of the relative words. (Page 8)
Step 3. Practice—Distinguishing attributive clauses
1. Read the passage on page 9 and find out the attributive clauses in each paragraph.
2. Underline the antecedent as well.
Step 4. Consolidation
1.Please do exercise C1 on Workbook P88 individually. Tick the sentences with attributive clauses.
2. Do you know the professor _________will give us a speech next week?
I read a report about his new novel __________ will soon be published.
The plan ___________they argued about was settled at last.
This is the new secretary _______________I would like to introduce to you.
The soldier ________ legs were badly wounded was operated on without delay.
Step 5. “that”
在引导定语从句指物时可用that 或which ；但有时只能用that，不能用which。常见的情况有下列五种：
1） 当先行词是：all , any , anything , everything , nothing the one, much, few, little或被它们修饰时。例如：
Is there anything that I can do for you ?
All that can be done must be done .
That is one of the most interesting books that are sold in the bookshop .
The first thing that we should do is to get some food .
3）当先行词有：the only , the very , the last 等修饰时。例如：
My necklace is not the only thing that's missing .
4）当主句以who或which开头时，定语从句中引导词用that ,不用which 或 who 。以避免重复。例如：
Who is the girl that is wearing a red coat ?
The writer and his novel that you have just talked about are really well known .
China is not the country that it was. 中国已不是过去的中国了
He told me everything he knows.
All the books you offered have been given out.
This is the best film I have ever read.
The first place they visited in London was the Big Ben.
We talked about the persons and things we remembered.
He is the only man I want to see.
Who is the man is making a speech?
Step 5 Homework
1. He is no longer the man _______he was.
A. who B. that C. whom D. as
2. I will hire the man ______ they say is a good English speaker.
A. who B. that C. which D. whom
3. I walked up to the top of the hill with my friends, ____ we enjoyed a splendid view of the lake.
A. which B. where C. who D. that
4. I don’t like _______ you speak to her.
A. the way B. the way how C. the way which D. the way of which
5. It seems to me that no reason _______you gave for your mistake is sound (reasonable).
A. what B. why C. which D. that
6. She will never forget the day ________ he spent with his students.
A. when B. which C. during which D. on which
7. The number of the people who _________ cars _____ increasing.
A. owns, are B. owns, is C. own, is D. own, are
8. Is this museum _________ they visited last month?
A. that B. where C. which D. the one
9. The village, ______ we spent our holiday last week, is in the south of the province.
A. where B. that C. which D. what
10. His father was so angry at everything _______she was doing _______he walked out.
A. that, that B. that, which C. that, where D. which, that
11. My parents used________ they had to send my younger brother abroad to get a better education.
A. which B. all what C. what D. that all
12. This is the very information _______we can learn what is selling best in the market.
A. that B. which C. from that D. from which
13. We are going to spend the Spring Festival in Guangzhou, _________my parents and some relatives.
A. which lives B. where lives C. where live D. who live
14. He is the only one of the students _________ the truth.
A. who know B. who knows C. that know D. who are knowing
15. The earth is unlikely to be the only planet __________ life has developed gradually.
A. that B. where C. which D. whose
16. Cases will be introduced to readers ________ the complaints from consumers have led to changes in the law.
A. where B. when C. who D. which
17. I have reached a point in my life_________ I am supposed to make decisions of my own.
A. which B. where C. how D. why
18. Occasions (chances) are quite rare _______ I have the time to spend a day with my kids.
A. who B. which C. why D. when
19. Today, we’ll discuss a number of cases ___________ beginners of English fail to use the language properly.
A. which B. as C. why D. where
20. It was a matter of _______would take the position.
A. who B. whoever C. whom D. whomever
BABAD BCDAA CDCBB ABDDA